Friday, February 8, 2013
The Hood River County School District Board of Directors will hold its next regular meeting Wednesday, Feb. 13, at the district office, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Agenda items include an update by Supt. Charlie Beck on the work being done by the boundary committee.
In December, the board gave direction to district administration to begin looking at ways to balance student enrollment between the five elementary and two middle schools. A work group was developed, made up of building principals, administration members, facility and transportation directors and other staff members to study the issue.
“So far, the committee has looked at enrollment data, transportation routes and district boundaries, and has done a complete analysis of school capacity,” Beck said at the Jan. 23 board meeting.
He said that the items currently under discussion are the process and policy for student transfers; the concept of “grandfathering” students and their siblings; the use of the district’s modular classrooms currently at Westside (three), May Street (two) and Hood River Middle School; and how best to gain public input on potential boundary changes and programs.
Wednesday’s agenda also includes a presentation by Wy’east Middle School Principal Catherine Dalbey on her school’s latest news; acceptance of $2,904.76 in donations to various schools; the latest proposal for the 2013-14 school calendar for possible adoption; and other regular business.
The district office is located at 1011 Eugene St. For the complete agenda and the minutes from last meeting visit hoodriver.k12.or.us and click the link on the main page under “Current news.”
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge