Friday, February 8, 2013
The Hood River County School District Board of Directors will hold its next regular meeting Wednesday, Feb. 13, at the district office, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Agenda items include an update by Supt. Charlie Beck on the work being done by the boundary committee.
In December, the board gave direction to district administration to begin looking at ways to balance student enrollment between the five elementary and two middle schools. A work group was developed, made up of building principals, administration members, facility and transportation directors and other staff members to study the issue.
“So far, the committee has looked at enrollment data, transportation routes and district boundaries, and has done a complete analysis of school capacity,” Beck said at the Jan. 23 board meeting.
He said that the items currently under discussion are the process and policy for student transfers; the concept of “grandfathering” students and their siblings; the use of the district’s modular classrooms currently at Westside (three), May Street (two) and Hood River Middle School; and how best to gain public input on potential boundary changes and programs.
Wednesday’s agenda also includes a presentation by Wy’east Middle School Principal Catherine Dalbey on her school’s latest news; acceptance of $2,904.76 in donations to various schools; the latest proposal for the 2013-14 school calendar for possible adoption; and other regular business.
The district office is located at 1011 Eugene St. For the complete agenda and the minutes from last meeting visit hoodriver.k12.or.us and click the link on the main page under “Current news.”
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge