Friday, February 8, 2013
Spring umpires needed
The Mid-Columbia Umpire Association is looking for a few good men and women to umpire baseball and softball games in the upcoming 2013 high school season. The MCUA covers games for local high schools in the Mid-Columbia Area. The season starts in March and ends in May. All umpires are paid by the game. Interested individuals should attend meetings at The Dalles Middle School on Monday, Feb.18, and Monday, Feb. 25, at 6 p.m. or contact Bob Ford at 541-980-4165.
TD Babe Ruth registration Feb. 9
The Dalles Babe Ruth League is accepting applications for players ages 13-15 for the 2013 season starting in April. Sign-up for Hood River area players will be held from 1-3 p.m. Feb. 9 at Your Party & Rental Center (1113 Tucker Road) and tryouts will be March 9 at Quinton Street Ball Park in The Dalles. All players who try out will be drafted to a team.
Players will need a copy of their birth certificate to register and the cost is $90 for the approximately 30-game season running from April through June.
HRVHS spring sports clearance
Hood River Valley High School athletics is gearing up for spring sports, and athletes must follow procedure to be able to play in the coming months and to start regular season practices at the end of February.
Athletes should attend spring team clearance sessions at the HRVHS athletics office with all the paperwork they need to be cleared for competition. Clearance times and dates are as follows. For the proper paperwork and further instructions, see the HRVHS athletic office.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge