Friday, February 8, 2013
Do you have concerns about your child’s development, behavior or disabilities? There are resources available to you:
n Early Intervention and Early Childhood Special Education Program: Call if you have any concerns about any baby, toddler or preschool child regarding their ability to: walk, talk, see, hear, respond to others, play, learn, or cope with new situations.
Anyone can refer a child for a developmental screening and all services are free of charge. In Hood River, call 541-386-4919.
n Swindells Resource Center: Serves the Columbia Gorge by providing support for families of children with special needs, offering a lending library of books and videos providing education and insight, speaker and community education events, parenting resource groups and classes, and “My Child’s Life Care” notebook and organizer.
Call 541-387-5720 or go to www.providence.org/child-center.
n Community Connections Network: Provides a team approach to evaluate and coordinate services for children and youth with complex medical, developmental, educational and/or social needs. Parents participate as full partners with physicians, nurses, educators and social service agencies.
Contact the Hood River County Health Department at 541-386-1115 or www.co.hood-river.or.us.
n Mid-Columbia Center for Living: Provides a wide range of services to adults, children and families dealing with mental health issues, addictions or developmental disabilities. Services include help with maternal depression, children with emotional/behavioral issues, and parent training.
In Hood River, call 541-386-2620.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge