Friday, February 8, 2013
Do you have concerns about your child’s development, behavior or disabilities? There are resources available to you:
n Early Intervention and Early Childhood Special Education Program: Call if you have any concerns about any baby, toddler or preschool child regarding their ability to: walk, talk, see, hear, respond to others, play, learn, or cope with new situations.
Anyone can refer a child for a developmental screening and all services are free of charge. In Hood River, call 541-386-4919.
n Swindells Resource Center: Serves the Columbia Gorge by providing support for families of children with special needs, offering a lending library of books and videos providing education and insight, speaker and community education events, parenting resource groups and classes, and “My Child’s Life Care” notebook and organizer.
Call 541-387-5720 or go to www.providence.org/child-center.
n Community Connections Network: Provides a team approach to evaluate and coordinate services for children and youth with complex medical, developmental, educational and/or social needs. Parents participate as full partners with physicians, nurses, educators and social service agencies.
Contact the Hood River County Health Department at 541-386-1115 or www.co.hood-river.or.us.
n Mid-Columbia Center for Living: Provides a wide range of services to adults, children and families dealing with mental health issues, addictions or developmental disabilities. Services include help with maternal depression, children with emotional/behavioral issues, and parent training.
In Hood River, call 541-386-2620.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge