Friday, February 8, 2013
Have you ever started a fitness program and then quit? If you answered yes, you’re not alone. Many people start fitness programs but stop when they get bored or results come too slowly. Here are seven tips to help you stay motivated.
Set goals: Start with simple goals and then progress to longer-range goals. Remember to make your goals realistic and achievable.
Make it fun.
Make physical activity part of your daily routine.
Put it on paper: Are you hoping to lose weight? Boost your energy? Sleep better? Manage a chronic condition? Write it down.
Join forces with friends, neighbors or others. You’re not in this alone. Invite friends or co-workers to join you when you exercise.
Reward yourself: After each exercise session, take a few minutes to savor the good feelings that exercise gives you.
Be flexible: If you’re too busy to work out or simply don’t feel up to it, take a day or two off. Be gentle with yourself if you need a break.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge