Friday, February 8, 2013
Have you ever started a fitness program and then quit? If you answered yes, you’re not alone. Many people start fitness programs but stop when they get bored or results come too slowly. Here are seven tips to help you stay motivated.
Set goals: Start with simple goals and then progress to longer-range goals. Remember to make your goals realistic and achievable.
Make it fun.
Make physical activity part of your daily routine.
Put it on paper: Are you hoping to lose weight? Boost your energy? Sleep better? Manage a chronic condition? Write it down.
Join forces with friends, neighbors or others. You’re not in this alone. Invite friends or co-workers to join you when you exercise.
Reward yourself: After each exercise session, take a few minutes to savor the good feelings that exercise gives you.
Be flexible: If you’re too busy to work out or simply don’t feel up to it, take a day or two off. Be gentle with yourself if you need a break.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill