Tuesday, February 12, 2013
A webinar training event on “Conflict Management and Resolution” will be Feb. 16 at Covenant Church, 540 Riverside Drive, Hood River.
The five-hour webinar training event will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $25 per person; lunch included if pre-registered.
Topics covered will include:
n the difference between conflict management and conflict resolution
n strategies for conflict intervention
n models for managing personal and group conflict — the role renegotiation model
n skills for conflict management
n brief reviews on how to understand your own personal conflict management styles.
The workshop will give participants effective and practical ways of managing your conflicts that will give a sense of control and well-being.
Dr. John Savage is a lecturer, trainer, consultant, spiritual director, author, coach, designer of training systems in conflict manager and in-depth listening skills. He is a trained psychotherapist. He holds a bachelor’s degree in music and a master’s degree in education from Syracuse University, and a MDiv and a DMin from Colgate Rochester Divinity School.
As a consultant to many organizations, Savage works in the areas of educational designing, problem solving, conflict management, team building, and leadership development.
He has been a consultant to IBM and Hewlett Packard, and has worked with the leaders of many national church denominations.
For details go to:
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge