Tuesday, February 12, 2013
A webinar training event on “Conflict Management and Resolution” will be Feb. 16 at Covenant Church, 540 Riverside Drive, Hood River.
The five-hour webinar training event will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $25 per person; lunch included if pre-registered.
Topics covered will include:
n the difference between conflict management and conflict resolution
n strategies for conflict intervention
n models for managing personal and group conflict — the role renegotiation model
n skills for conflict management
n brief reviews on how to understand your own personal conflict management styles.
The workshop will give participants effective and practical ways of managing your conflicts that will give a sense of control and well-being.
Dr. John Savage is a lecturer, trainer, consultant, spiritual director, author, coach, designer of training systems in conflict manager and in-depth listening skills. He is a trained psychotherapist. He holds a bachelor’s degree in music and a master’s degree in education from Syracuse University, and a MDiv and a DMin from Colgate Rochester Divinity School.
As a consultant to many organizations, Savage works in the areas of educational designing, problem solving, conflict management, team building, and leadership development.
He has been a consultant to IBM and Hewlett Packard, and has worked with the leaders of many national church denominations.
For details go to:
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge