Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Randy Nieto bowled the lights out in league action last week at Hood River’s Orchard Lanes, where he rolled solid games of 233, 203 and 256 for a mighty nice 692 series. The score was 143 pins over his average; good enough to elevate him to Bowler of the Week status.
Joining Randy on the latest Team of the Week are Brandon Kawachi, Jason DeGeus, Jan Halstead and Greg McDaniel.
Earning honorable mention last week has to be state no-tap champ George Buck, who pummeled the pins with a big scratch 256 game in Fraternal league action. Leading all the ladies in scoring last week was superstar Sandy Holmes, who notched a 623 series in the Tuesday Nite Mixed league.
Other league highlights:
Kawachi bowled the highest series of the week at 713 in the Fraternal league; Gordon Sim led the Colts and Fillies league with a 602 series and the Lads and Lassies league with a 610 series; Rod Pratt led the Hood River County league with a 203 game and 553 series; Ellen Davis racked up a 197 game and 470 series in HRC league.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge