Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Randy Nieto bowled the lights out in league action last week at Hood River’s Orchard Lanes, where he rolled solid games of 233, 203 and 256 for a mighty nice 692 series. The score was 143 pins over his average; good enough to elevate him to Bowler of the Week status.
Joining Randy on the latest Team of the Week are Brandon Kawachi, Jason DeGeus, Jan Halstead and Greg McDaniel.
Earning honorable mention last week has to be state no-tap champ George Buck, who pummeled the pins with a big scratch 256 game in Fraternal league action. Leading all the ladies in scoring last week was superstar Sandy Holmes, who notched a 623 series in the Tuesday Nite Mixed league.
Other league highlights:
Kawachi bowled the highest series of the week at 713 in the Fraternal league; Gordon Sim led the Colts and Fillies league with a 602 series and the Lads and Lassies league with a 610 series; Rod Pratt led the Hood River County league with a 203 game and 553 series; Ellen Davis racked up a 197 game and 470 series in HRC league.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge