Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Randy Nieto bowled the lights out in league action last week at Hood River’s Orchard Lanes, where he rolled solid games of 233, 203 and 256 for a mighty nice 692 series. The score was 143 pins over his average; good enough to elevate him to Bowler of the Week status.
Joining Randy on the latest Team of the Week are Brandon Kawachi, Jason DeGeus, Jan Halstead and Greg McDaniel.
Earning honorable mention last week has to be state no-tap champ George Buck, who pummeled the pins with a big scratch 256 game in Fraternal league action. Leading all the ladies in scoring last week was superstar Sandy Holmes, who notched a 623 series in the Tuesday Nite Mixed league.
Other league highlights:
Kawachi bowled the highest series of the week at 713 in the Fraternal league; Gordon Sim led the Colts and Fillies league with a 602 series and the Lads and Lassies league with a 610 series; Rod Pratt led the Hood River County league with a 203 game and 553 series; Ellen Davis racked up a 197 game and 470 series in HRC league.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge