Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Randy Nieto bowled the lights out in league action last week at Hood River’s Orchard Lanes, where he rolled solid games of 233, 203 and 256 for a mighty nice 692 series. The score was 143 pins over his average; good enough to elevate him to Bowler of the Week status.
Joining Randy on the latest Team of the Week are Brandon Kawachi, Jason DeGeus, Jan Halstead and Greg McDaniel.
Earning honorable mention last week has to be state no-tap champ George Buck, who pummeled the pins with a big scratch 256 game in Fraternal league action. Leading all the ladies in scoring last week was superstar Sandy Holmes, who notched a 623 series in the Tuesday Nite Mixed league.
Other league highlights:
Kawachi bowled the highest series of the week at 713 in the Fraternal league; Gordon Sim led the Colts and Fillies league with a 602 series and the Lads and Lassies league with a 610 series; Rod Pratt led the Hood River County league with a 203 game and 553 series; Ellen Davis racked up a 197 game and 470 series in HRC league.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge