Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Bach Festival competition Jan. 27 at Mid Columbia Community College in The Dalles. Divisions included students age 9-18 on piano, violin and voice.
Pianists chosen from the competitive festival to advance to the regional event are: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe of The Dalles; Sarah Wang, student of Susan Ticknor of Hood River; Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Matt Frost, Austin Requa, Zaira Castillo and Cooper Holzman, students of Diana Beterbide of Hood River; Grace Whitmore, Valerie Fischer and Kristian Apland, students of Kathy Apland of Hood River; and Pavel Ammon, student of Sydney Litt-Stevens of Hood River.
Kristian Apland, violin student of Kathy Apland and voice student of Sonja Decker, was chosen to advance to the regional level in both string and vocal divisions.
Congratulations to all students and teachers who represented our district at the regional event, which was held at Riverside Community Church Feb. 8.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge