Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Bach Festival competition Jan. 27 at Mid Columbia Community College in The Dalles. Divisions included students age 9-18 on piano, violin and voice.
Pianists chosen from the competitive festival to advance to the regional event are: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe of The Dalles; Sarah Wang, student of Susan Ticknor of Hood River; Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Matt Frost, Austin Requa, Zaira Castillo and Cooper Holzman, students of Diana Beterbide of Hood River; Grace Whitmore, Valerie Fischer and Kristian Apland, students of Kathy Apland of Hood River; and Pavel Ammon, student of Sydney Litt-Stevens of Hood River.
Kristian Apland, violin student of Kathy Apland and voice student of Sonja Decker, was chosen to advance to the regional level in both string and vocal divisions.
Congratulations to all students and teachers who represented our district at the regional event, which was held at Riverside Community Church Feb. 8.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge