Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Bach Festival competition Jan. 27 at Mid Columbia Community College in The Dalles. Divisions included students age 9-18 on piano, violin and voice.
Pianists chosen from the competitive festival to advance to the regional event are: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe of The Dalles; Sarah Wang, student of Susan Ticknor of Hood River; Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Matt Frost, Austin Requa, Zaira Castillo and Cooper Holzman, students of Diana Beterbide of Hood River; Grace Whitmore, Valerie Fischer and Kristian Apland, students of Kathy Apland of Hood River; and Pavel Ammon, student of Sydney Litt-Stevens of Hood River.
Kristian Apland, violin student of Kathy Apland and voice student of Sonja Decker, was chosen to advance to the regional level in both string and vocal divisions.
Congratulations to all students and teachers who represented our district at the regional event, which was held at Riverside Community Church Feb. 8.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge