Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Bach Festival competition Jan. 27 at Mid Columbia Community College in The Dalles. Divisions included students age 9-18 on piano, violin and voice.
Pianists chosen from the competitive festival to advance to the regional event are: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe of The Dalles; Sarah Wang, student of Susan Ticknor of Hood River; Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Matt Frost, Austin Requa, Zaira Castillo and Cooper Holzman, students of Diana Beterbide of Hood River; Grace Whitmore, Valerie Fischer and Kristian Apland, students of Kathy Apland of Hood River; and Pavel Ammon, student of Sydney Litt-Stevens of Hood River.
Kristian Apland, violin student of Kathy Apland and voice student of Sonja Decker, was chosen to advance to the regional level in both string and vocal divisions.
Congratulations to all students and teachers who represented our district at the regional event, which was held at Riverside Community Church Feb. 8.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge