Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Bach Festival competition Jan. 27 at Mid Columbia Community College in The Dalles. Divisions included students age 9-18 on piano, violin and voice.
Pianists chosen from the competitive festival to advance to the regional event are: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe of The Dalles; Sarah Wang, student of Susan Ticknor of Hood River; Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Matt Frost, Austin Requa, Zaira Castillo and Cooper Holzman, students of Diana Beterbide of Hood River; Grace Whitmore, Valerie Fischer and Kristian Apland, students of Kathy Apland of Hood River; and Pavel Ammon, student of Sydney Litt-Stevens of Hood River.
Kristian Apland, violin student of Kathy Apland and voice student of Sonja Decker, was chosen to advance to the regional level in both string and vocal divisions.
Congratulations to all students and teachers who represented our district at the regional event, which was held at Riverside Community Church Feb. 8.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge