Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Bach Festival competition Jan. 27 at Mid Columbia Community College in The Dalles. Divisions included students age 9-18 on piano, violin and voice.
Pianists chosen from the competitive festival to advance to the regional event are: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe of The Dalles; Sarah Wang, student of Susan Ticknor of Hood River; Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Matt Frost, Austin Requa, Zaira Castillo and Cooper Holzman, students of Diana Beterbide of Hood River; Grace Whitmore, Valerie Fischer and Kristian Apland, students of Kathy Apland of Hood River; and Pavel Ammon, student of Sydney Litt-Stevens of Hood River.
Kristian Apland, violin student of Kathy Apland and voice student of Sonja Decker, was chosen to advance to the regional level in both string and vocal divisions.
Congratulations to all students and teachers who represented our district at the regional event, which was held at Riverside Community Church Feb. 8.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge