Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Bach Festival competition Jan. 27 at Mid Columbia Community College in The Dalles. Divisions included students age 9-18 on piano, violin and voice.
Pianists chosen from the competitive festival to advance to the regional event are: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe of The Dalles; Sarah Wang, student of Susan Ticknor of Hood River; Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Matt Frost, Austin Requa, Zaira Castillo and Cooper Holzman, students of Diana Beterbide of Hood River; Grace Whitmore, Valerie Fischer and Kristian Apland, students of Kathy Apland of Hood River; and Pavel Ammon, student of Sydney Litt-Stevens of Hood River.
Kristian Apland, violin student of Kathy Apland and voice student of Sonja Decker, was chosen to advance to the regional level in both string and vocal divisions.
Congratulations to all students and teachers who represented our district at the regional event, which was held at Riverside Community Church Feb. 8.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge