Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Bach Festival competition Jan. 27 at Mid Columbia Community College in The Dalles. Divisions included students age 9-18 on piano, violin and voice.
Pianists chosen from the competitive festival to advance to the regional event are: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe of The Dalles; Sarah Wang, student of Susan Ticknor of Hood River; Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Matt Frost, Austin Requa, Zaira Castillo and Cooper Holzman, students of Diana Beterbide of Hood River; Grace Whitmore, Valerie Fischer and Kristian Apland, students of Kathy Apland of Hood River; and Pavel Ammon, student of Sydney Litt-Stevens of Hood River.
Kristian Apland, violin student of Kathy Apland and voice student of Sonja Decker, was chosen to advance to the regional level in both string and vocal divisions.
Congratulations to all students and teachers who represented our district at the regional event, which was held at Riverside Community Church Feb. 8.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge