Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Zwickelmania features guided tours of local craft breweries in Oregon, including Hood River County, on Saturday, Feb. 16, with open houses from noon-4 p.m. Zwickelmania will feature Full Sail Brewing, Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom, pFriem Family Brewers and Logsdon Farmhouse Ales.
Tours and tasting are free of charge. For more information contact the breweries at:
Double Mountain, 541-387-0042 or doublemountainbrewery.com;
Full Sail Tasting Room & Pub, 541-386-2247 or full
sailbrewing.com; pFriem Family Brewers, 541-321-0490 or pfriembeer.com; Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, 541-490-9161 or farmhousebeer.com.
“Zwickel” is the German word for a sampling tap on the outside of a tank to take tastes for assessing the brew’s progress during fermentation.
More like this story
- Death notice for April 30: Ronald Grindy
- Service announcement for April 30: Linda Miller
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge