Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Zwickelmania features guided tours of local craft breweries in Oregon, including Hood River County, on Saturday, Feb. 16, with open houses from noon-4 p.m. Zwickelmania will feature Full Sail Brewing, Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom, pFriem Family Brewers and Logsdon Farmhouse Ales.
Tours and tasting are free of charge. For more information contact the breweries at:
Double Mountain, 541-387-0042 or doublemountainbrewery.com;
Full Sail Tasting Room & Pub, 541-386-2247 or full
sailbrewing.com; pFriem Family Brewers, 541-321-0490 or pfriembeer.com; Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, 541-490-9161 or farmhousebeer.com.
“Zwickel” is the German word for a sampling tap on the outside of a tank to take tastes for assessing the brew’s progress during fermentation.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge