Friday, February 15, 2013
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Columbia Gorge Earth Center on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Springhouse Cellar Winery to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the lecture begins at 6:30 p.m. Suggested donation is $5. Springhouse Cellar Winery is located at 13 Railroad St. in Hood River. More information at www.cgec.org.
More like this story
- Death Notices, Oct. 18 edition:
- Service Announcement, Oct. 18 edition: Jack Thornton
- ‘Heart of Gold’ nominations sought
- Slowdowns on I-84 Thursday due to blasting
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge