Friday, February 15, 2013
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Columbia Gorge Earth Center on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Springhouse Cellar Winery to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the lecture begins at 6:30 p.m. Suggested donation is $5. Springhouse Cellar Winery is located at 13 Railroad St. in Hood River. More information at www.cgec.org.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill