Friday, February 15, 2013
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Columbia Gorge Earth Center on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Springhouse Cellar Winery to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the lecture begins at 6:30 p.m. Suggested donation is $5. Springhouse Cellar Winery is located at 13 Railroad St. in Hood River. More information at www.cgec.org.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge