Friday, February 15, 2013
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Columbia Gorge Earth Center on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Springhouse Cellar Winery to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the lecture begins at 6:30 p.m. Suggested donation is $5. Springhouse Cellar Winery is located at 13 Railroad St. in Hood River. More information at www.cgec.org.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge