Friday, February 15, 2013
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Columbia Gorge Earth Center on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Springhouse Cellar Winery to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the lecture begins at 6:30 p.m. Suggested donation is $5. Springhouse Cellar Winery is located at 13 Railroad St. in Hood River. More information at www.cgec.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge