Friday, February 15, 2013
Beer and books are the next two topics of conversation on Radio Tierra’s “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Here in the Gorge introduces listeners to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. Coming up:
On Feb. 19, the guest will be Hood River author Elaine Busby. She is one of a growing number of Gorge writers with a published book. How did she make that happen? How much help do you get from a publisher?
Guests on Feb. 26 will be Irene Firmat and Jamie Emmerson of Full Sail Brewing Company. The company made a significant investment in equipment that reduced its water usage by one million gallons while benefiting the company economically. How does the process work and what are the benefits to the environment and the business?
Radio Tierra, KZAS, is located on the dial at 95.1 FM Hood River.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge