Friday, February 15, 2013
Beer and books are the next two topics of conversation on Radio Tierra’s “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Here in the Gorge introduces listeners to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. Coming up:
On Feb. 19, the guest will be Hood River author Elaine Busby. She is one of a growing number of Gorge writers with a published book. How did she make that happen? How much help do you get from a publisher?
Guests on Feb. 26 will be Irene Firmat and Jamie Emmerson of Full Sail Brewing Company. The company made a significant investment in equipment that reduced its water usage by one million gallons while benefiting the company economically. How does the process work and what are the benefits to the environment and the business?
Radio Tierra, KZAS, is located on the dial at 95.1 FM Hood River.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge