Friday, February 15, 2013
Beer and books are the next two topics of conversation on Radio Tierra’s “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Here in the Gorge introduces listeners to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. Coming up:
On Feb. 19, the guest will be Hood River author Elaine Busby. She is one of a growing number of Gorge writers with a published book. How did she make that happen? How much help do you get from a publisher?
Guests on Feb. 26 will be Irene Firmat and Jamie Emmerson of Full Sail Brewing Company. The company made a significant investment in equipment that reduced its water usage by one million gallons while benefiting the company economically. How does the process work and what are the benefits to the environment and the business?
Radio Tierra, KZAS, is located on the dial at 95.1 FM Hood River.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge