Friday, February 15, 2013
Beer and books are the next two topics of conversation on Radio Tierra’s “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Here in the Gorge introduces listeners to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. Coming up:
On Feb. 19, the guest will be Hood River author Elaine Busby. She is one of a growing number of Gorge writers with a published book. How did she make that happen? How much help do you get from a publisher?
Guests on Feb. 26 will be Irene Firmat and Jamie Emmerson of Full Sail Brewing Company. The company made a significant investment in equipment that reduced its water usage by one million gallons while benefiting the company economically. How does the process work and what are the benefits to the environment and the business?
Radio Tierra, KZAS, is located on the dial at 95.1 FM Hood River.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge