Friday, February 15, 2013
Beer and books are the next two topics of conversation on Radio Tierra’s “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Here in the Gorge introduces listeners to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. Coming up:
On Feb. 19, the guest will be Hood River author Elaine Busby. She is one of a growing number of Gorge writers with a published book. How did she make that happen? How much help do you get from a publisher?
Guests on Feb. 26 will be Irene Firmat and Jamie Emmerson of Full Sail Brewing Company. The company made a significant investment in equipment that reduced its water usage by one million gallons while benefiting the company economically. How does the process work and what are the benefits to the environment and the business?
Radio Tierra, KZAS, is located on the dial at 95.1 FM Hood River.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge