Friday, February 15, 2013
A memorial service for Kenneth Allen Jernstedt, who passed away Feb. 5, 2013, will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16 at the Hood River Valley Christian Church with a church reception to follow.
Overflow parking will be available at Westside Elementary School, with a van offered for shuttle services courtesy of Explore the Gorge.
The family suggests that in lieu of flowers, a memorial contribution be considered to Hood River Valley Christian Church, WAAAM in Hood River (www.waaamuseum.org), or a charity of choice.
Please visit http://www.andersonstributecenter.com/book-of-memories/1495584/Jernstedt-Ken/view-condolences.php to leave a note of condolence for family.
A celebration of life for Terry Dale Roberts, 50, who passed away Feb. 9, 2013, will be held Feb. 16 at 4 p.m. at Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., with a reception to follow.
Please visit http://www.andersonstributecenter.com/book-of-memories/1497734/Roberts-Terry/view-condolences.php to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge