Friday, February 15, 2013
A memorial service for Kenneth Allen Jernstedt, who passed away Feb. 5, 2013, will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16 at the Hood River Valley Christian Church with a church reception to follow.
Overflow parking will be available at Westside Elementary School, with a van offered for shuttle services courtesy of Explore the Gorge.
The family suggests that in lieu of flowers, a memorial contribution be considered to Hood River Valley Christian Church, WAAAM in Hood River (www.waaamuseum.org), or a charity of choice.
Please visit http://www.andersonstributecenter.com/book-of-memories/1495584/Jernstedt-Ken/view-condolences.php to leave a note of condolence for family.
A celebration of life for Terry Dale Roberts, 50, who passed away Feb. 9, 2013, will be held Feb. 16 at 4 p.m. at Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., with a reception to follow.
Please visit http://www.andersonstributecenter.com/book-of-memories/1497734/Roberts-Terry/view-condolences.php to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge