Friday, February 15, 2013
Zwickelmania features guided tours of local craft breweries in Oregon, including Hood River County, on Saturday, Feb. 16, with open houses from noon-4 p.m. Zwickelmania will feature Full Sail Brewing, Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom, pFriem Family Brewers and Logsdon Farmhouse Ales.
Tours and tasting are free of charge.“Zwickel” is the German word for a sampling tap on the outside of a tank to take tastes for assessing the brew’s progress during fermentation.
For more information contact the breweries at:
Double Mountain, 541-387-0042 or doublemountainbrewery.com;
Full Sail Tasting Room & Pub, 541-386-2247 or full
sailbrewing.com; pFriem Family Brewers, 541-321-0490 or pfriembeer.com; Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, 541-490-9161 or farmhousebeer.com.
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge