Friday, February 15, 2013
Zwickelmania features guided tours of local craft breweries in Oregon, including Hood River County, on Saturday, Feb. 16, with open houses from noon-4 p.m. Zwickelmania will feature Full Sail Brewing, Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom, pFriem Family Brewers and Logsdon Farmhouse Ales.
Tours and tasting are free of charge.“Zwickel” is the German word for a sampling tap on the outside of a tank to take tastes for assessing the brew’s progress during fermentation.
For more information contact the breweries at:
Double Mountain, 541-387-0042 or doublemountainbrewery.com;
Full Sail Tasting Room & Pub, 541-386-2247 or full
sailbrewing.com; pFriem Family Brewers, 541-321-0490 or pfriembeer.com; Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, 541-490-9161 or farmhousebeer.com.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge