Tuesday, February 19, 2013
If you missed the “Cataclysms On the Columbia” presentation at Springhouse Cellear Winery on Feb. 19, here’s one more chance.
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Hood River Watershed Group on Feb. 26 at Columbia Gorge Community College to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” The lecture begins at 7 p.m.. For more information call 541-386-6063 or visit hoodriverswcd.org.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge