Tuesday, February 19, 2013
If you missed the “Cataclysms On the Columbia” presentation at Springhouse Cellear Winery on Feb. 19, here’s one more chance.
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Hood River Watershed Group on Feb. 26 at Columbia Gorge Community College to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” The lecture begins at 7 p.m.. For more information call 541-386-6063 or visit hoodriverswcd.org.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge