Tuesday, February 19, 2013
If you missed the “Cataclysms On the Columbia” presentation at Springhouse Cellear Winery on Feb. 19, here’s one more chance.
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Hood River Watershed Group on Feb. 26 at Columbia Gorge Community College to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” The lecture begins at 7 p.m.. For more information call 541-386-6063 or visit hoodriverswcd.org.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 23 edition: Kenny Newlan and Roland Solberg
- Service announcements for Aug. 23 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Bingen blood drive Aug. 30
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge