Tuesday, February 19, 2013
If you missed the “Cataclysms On the Columbia” presentation at Springhouse Cellear Winery on Feb. 19, here’s one more chance.
One of the greatest geological events to ever have occurred in North America was given the name the Missoula Floods. Join the Hood River Watershed Group on Feb. 26 at Columbia Gorge Community College to learn about one of the great forces that shaped the landscape of the Gorge, as well as the incredible story of J. Harlen Bretz and his discovery of the floods.
Lecturers Scott Burns and Marjorie Burns, both professors at Portland State University, have recently rewritten a book, “Cataclysms on the Columbia: The Great Missoula Floods.” The lecture begins at 7 p.m.. For more information call 541-386-6063 or visit hoodriverswcd.org.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge