Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance invites the community to a Feb. 26 gathering for a discussion on higher educational initiatives to support science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) opportunities in the Gorge.
Networking starts at 6:30 p.m. at the White Buffalo, 4040 Westcliff Dr., Hood River.
Cost is $10 for non-GTA members; appetizers are provided.
Oregon State University Open Campus Coordinators Dani Annala (Hood River County) and Lynette Black (Wasco County) will join Columbia Gorge Community College faculty Dr. Kevin McCabe to discuss their initiatives.
OSU is working on establishing an Open Campus in our region to further develop the universities’ resources available in our community, especially those with a STEM focus.
CGCC is looking to create a two-year engineering certification that will support the region’s businesses at many levels. The presenters hope to engage in a conversation with the community about this process, the needs in our region, and business workforce requirements to ensure that their efforts prepare our residents for jobs available here.
The Gorge Technology Alliance supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge. It meets each month with networking and educational opportunities. For questions about the GTA, contact Executive Director Jessica Metta at 541- 296-2266 or Jessica@crgta.org.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge