Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Natural Resources Conservation Service has scheduled a Local Working Group meeting for Feb. 28, from 1-3 p.m. at the OSU Extension Service meeting room, 2990 Experiment Station Drive, Hood River.
Farmers and stakeholders are encouraged to attend.
The purpose of the meeting is to share information on various financial and technical opportunities for conservation work in the Hood River basin.
The meeting will also provide a forum for input from partners and the public about how technical and financial funds are spent.
Those who would like to learn more about federal cost-share programs and/or help determine where targeted federal funds should be directed are encouraged to attend.
For details, contact NRCS District Conservationist Carly Heron at 541-386-2815 or SWCD Manager Anne Saxby at 541-386-6719.
The meeting location is accessible to persons with disabilities. A request for an interpreter for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities should be made at least 48 hours before the meeting to Anne Saxby at 541-386-6719.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge