Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Natural Resources Conservation Service has scheduled a Local Working Group meeting for Feb. 28, from 1-3 p.m. at the OSU Extension Service meeting room, 2990 Experiment Station Drive, Hood River.
Farmers and stakeholders are encouraged to attend.
The purpose of the meeting is to share information on various financial and technical opportunities for conservation work in the Hood River basin.
The meeting will also provide a forum for input from partners and the public about how technical and financial funds are spent.
Those who would like to learn more about federal cost-share programs and/or help determine where targeted federal funds should be directed are encouraged to attend.
For details, contact NRCS District Conservationist Carly Heron at 541-386-2815 or SWCD Manager Anne Saxby at 541-386-6719.
The meeting location is accessible to persons with disabilities. A request for an interpreter for the hearing impaired or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities should be made at least 48 hours before the meeting to Anne Saxby at 541-386-6719.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge