Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Hood River Valley High School art students won best of show and two first prizes in the 2013 Mid-Columbia High School and Middle School annual art show.
Daisy Martinez won Best of Show for her Sharpie pen drawing, “Giraffe.”
Zoe Peterson won first place in photography for her digital image “Forsaken.”
Aely Sarai Gama Diaz took first place in portraits for her pencil drawing, “Lee Min Ho.”
Turn to page B10 for more awards, and to see Diaz’s and Peterson’s images.
The students will be honored March 2 in a reception at The Dalles Art Center. Judges reviewed submissions by students from Hood River, The Dalles, Goldendale and other Gorge communities.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge