Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Hood River Valley High School art students won best of show and two first prizes in the 2013 Mid-Columbia High School and Middle School annual art show.
Daisy Martinez won Best of Show for her Sharpie pen drawing, “Giraffe.”
Zoe Peterson won first place in photography for her digital image “Forsaken.”
Aely Sarai Gama Diaz took first place in portraits for her pencil drawing, “Lee Min Ho.”
Turn to page B10 for more awards, and to see Diaz’s and Peterson’s images.
The students will be honored March 2 in a reception at The Dalles Art Center. Judges reviewed submissions by students from Hood River, The Dalles, Goldendale and other Gorge communities.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge