Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Hood River Valley High School art students won best of show and two first prizes in the 2013 Mid-Columbia High School and Middle School annual art show.
Daisy Martinez won Best of Show for her Sharpie pen drawing, “Giraffe.”
Zoe Peterson won first place in photography for her digital image “Forsaken.”
Aely Sarai Gama Diaz took first place in portraits for her pencil drawing, “Lee Min Ho.”
Turn to page B10 for more awards, and to see Diaz’s and Peterson’s images.
The students will be honored March 2 in a reception at The Dalles Art Center. Judges reviewed submissions by students from Hood River, The Dalles, Goldendale and other Gorge communities.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda