Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The 2013 United Way of the Columbia Gorge allocations application packets will be available throughout the month of February from the United Way of the Columbia Gorge office.
An electronic version of the packet will be emailed upon request to any nonprofit human service program in Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Klickitat and Skamania counties.
All applications must be completed and mailed to the UWCG office by Thursday, Feb. 28.
As part of a thorough screening process, funding applicants are required to give a presentation to the UWCG allocations committee in March.
For more information or to request an electronic copy of the application, contact Alison Church, campaign/allocations manager, United Way of the Columbia Gorge, at 541-386-6100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
- County sets temporary rules on marijuana grows
- Puff Factory to break ground in Odell
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge