Tuesday, February 19, 2013
“White Out Dinner,” the latest of the 2013 My Dinner Party series, has some seats available.
The Feb. 23 event at Hood River Hotel starts at 6 p.m. and features music by Susie Sinclair & Wildcard. Cost is $65 per person; sign up at heartofhospicefoundation.org.
All proceeds from the My Dinner Party events go to Heart of Hospice Foundation and to hospice patients and families.
True to its name, the White Out Dinner menu includes sweet and sour sushi rice with white prawns, cod Poke with white onion Daikon radish, risotto blanco with white asparagus, steamed buns with poached chicken, poached pears with goat cheese and macadamia nuts, ciliegine mozzarella with white Balsamic, sea salt, Pizza Bianco, and dessert of coconut lychee parfait or white chocolate truffle.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge