Tuesday, February 19, 2013
“White Out Dinner,” the latest of the 2013 My Dinner Party series, has some seats available.
The Feb. 23 event at Hood River Hotel starts at 6 p.m. and features music by Susie Sinclair & Wildcard. Cost is $65 per person; sign up at heartofhospicefoundation.org.
All proceeds from the My Dinner Party events go to Heart of Hospice Foundation and to hospice patients and families.
True to its name, the White Out Dinner menu includes sweet and sour sushi rice with white prawns, cod Poke with white onion Daikon radish, risotto blanco with white asparagus, steamed buns with poached chicken, poached pears with goat cheese and macadamia nuts, ciliegine mozzarella with white Balsamic, sea salt, Pizza Bianco, and dessert of coconut lychee parfait or white chocolate truffle.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge