Tuesday, February 19, 2013
“White Out Dinner,” the latest of the 2013 My Dinner Party series, has some seats available.
The Feb. 23 event at Hood River Hotel starts at 6 p.m. and features music by Susie Sinclair & Wildcard. Cost is $65 per person; sign up at heartofhospicefoundation.org.
All proceeds from the My Dinner Party events go to Heart of Hospice Foundation and to hospice patients and families.
True to its name, the White Out Dinner menu includes sweet and sour sushi rice with white prawns, cod Poke with white onion Daikon radish, risotto blanco with white asparagus, steamed buns with poached chicken, poached pears with goat cheese and macadamia nuts, ciliegine mozzarella with white Balsamic, sea salt, Pizza Bianco, and dessert of coconut lychee parfait or white chocolate truffle.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge