Tuesday, February 19, 2013
“White Out Dinner,” the latest of the 2013 My Dinner Party series, has some seats available.
The Feb. 23 event at Hood River Hotel starts at 6 p.m. and features music by Susie Sinclair & Wildcard. Cost is $65 per person; sign up at heartofhospicefoundation.org.
All proceeds from the My Dinner Party events go to Heart of Hospice Foundation and to hospice patients and families.
True to its name, the White Out Dinner menu includes sweet and sour sushi rice with white prawns, cod Poke with white onion Daikon radish, risotto blanco with white asparagus, steamed buns with poached chicken, poached pears with goat cheese and macadamia nuts, ciliegine mozzarella with white Balsamic, sea salt, Pizza Bianco, and dessert of coconut lychee parfait or white chocolate truffle.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge