Tuesday, February 19, 2013
“White Out Dinner,” the latest of the 2013 My Dinner Party series, has some seats available.
The Feb. 23 event at Hood River Hotel starts at 6 p.m. and features music by Susie Sinclair & Wildcard. Cost is $65 per person; sign up at heartofhospicefoundation.org.
All proceeds from the My Dinner Party events go to Heart of Hospice Foundation and to hospice patients and families.
True to its name, the White Out Dinner menu includes sweet and sour sushi rice with white prawns, cod Poke with white onion Daikon radish, risotto blanco with white asparagus, steamed buns with poached chicken, poached pears with goat cheese and macadamia nuts, ciliegine mozzarella with white Balsamic, sea salt, Pizza Bianco, and dessert of coconut lychee parfait or white chocolate truffle.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge