Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Hood River County Faith Connection is partnering with Paul Lindberg, of Hat Creek Consulting, to present a series of workshops that focus on grant writing, foundations and the grant process.
The second session, entitled “Letters of Inquiry,” will be held Tuesday, Feb. 26, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hood River County Administration Building at 601 State St., in the first-floor conference room. Cost is $30 per person without lunch; add $5 to include lunch.
In this session attendees will learn about the first steps in contacting potential funders, otherwise known as the letter of inquiry or letter of interest.
WHEN AND WHERE
Learn about grant writing Feb. 26 at 11 a.m. at the County Building, Sixth and State streets.
Lindberg will discuss the different types of letters, focusing on both the content and form of the letter, and participants will draft a letter to a potential funder.
For more information, contact Paul Lindberg at email@example.com or Kathy Smith at Kathy.Smith@co.hood-river.or.us.
The workshop is open to everyone. Lindberg notes that “if you are new to grant writing; an experienced grant writer who still has questions; an executive director who wants or needs to write grants; or if you have questions about contacting new sources of support for your programs; this workshop is for you.”
Members of the Faith Connections Coalition, Hood River County Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Prevention Coalition or the Hood River County Commission on Children and Families may receive this training at no charge, but must register so the organization will know how many will be attending.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge