Friday, February 22, 2013
Hood River Lions is looking for a new Heights location to place its trailer for collecting donated newsprint for recycling.
For about four months the Heights trailer has been located near the corner of 12th and Belmont streets. That site has become unavailable due to changing circumstances, according to member Scott Johnson.
“The new location has to have the ability to fit a tractor to move in and pick up the trailer. We’d like it to be viewable from the street and to have it as far out as the rental center (on Tucker Road) in Hood River,” Johnson said.
The Lions generate a few thousand dollars each year to help fund their activities such as the Boy Scouts program.
If you have an idea for a trailer location, call Johnson at 541-386-0330.
More like this story
- Lions seek site for newspaper trailer
- Lions move newsprint trailer
- ANOTHER VOICE: Lions won’t take them anymore, but please recycle your newspapers
- Recycling on wheels: HR Lions set up mobile stations
- Keeping Service in Sight: Local Lions club members stay busy with scholarships, vision screenings, container collection, Peace Posters and other projects serving community
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge