Friday, February 22, 2013
A great theater opportunity for kids is Missoula Children’s Theater, returning Feb. 25 with a production of “The Secret Garden.”
Columbia Center for the Arts and Knot Another Hat! host this year’s MTC project, and kids can sign up now.
MTC is a fun and focused one-week theater experience open to all children in the Gorge, first through 12th grades. No experience or advance preparation is necessary to audition for one of the approximately 50 roles.
Auditions are Monday, Feb. 25, at Wy’east Middle School in the Performing Arts Center from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Rehearsals will be Feb. 26 through March 1 from 3:30-7:30 p.m. with performances March 2 at 2 and 5 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School. Tickets are $5 each.
Register your child now to participate through Hood River Community Education ($40 per child). Productions are complete with costumes, scenery, props and makeup. Register at hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
MCT’s mission is to foster the development of life skills in children through participation in the performing arts. Within each MCT cast, girls and boys are equal; the disabled become able; the shy experiment with bravery; the slow are rehearsed to perfection; and the gifted become part of the whole. The lesson they learn is that all of them are necessary for the show to go on.
Few arenas exist where responsibility is taught and learned so clearly. MCT provides a unique opportunity to learn the lessons of group dynamics while excelling as an individual — a lesson from art that carries into life.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events