Friday, February 22, 2013
If you take care of a toddler, preschooler, or 5-6-year-old then you will really enjoy the parenting series starting next week in Hood River.
The Next Door Inc. will host “Make Parenting a Pleasure,” a parenting series in English, starting Feb. 26 and running for 12 weeks on Tuesday nights from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Hood River Early Childhood Center in Pine Grove.
The facilitator will be Karon Yheulon, director of Pine Grove Head Start. Free child care is offered for children ages 6 months to 11 years, and a light dinner is provided for the family.
Taking care of a young child is exciting but also can be very challenging, since so much is developing in a child’s first years. It is so helpful to learn about their temperament, what behaviors to expect for the child’s age, what positive discipline tools work best and how to deal with tantrums.
The best time to take a parenting series is when a child is young; while the child is learning how to control their emotions, learning responsibility for one’s actions, building their confidence and self esteem and learning how to get along with others.
The registration fee is $25 per family (financial assistance is available). The registration fee will be collected on the second week so parents, grandparents, foster parents and caregivers can check out the first week to see if the series works for them.
For more information and to register call Melissa Bramlett at 541-380-1690.
For information on this parenting series or other parenting education opportunities contact Nancy Johanson Paul at 541-436-0319 or email@example.com, or visit www.nextdoor-inc.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge