Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Clara ‘Marie’ Stifel
Clara “Marie” Stifel, formerly of Hood River, passed away Feb. 22, 2013, in Hillsboro, Ore.
She was born Feb. 28, 1926, in New Boston, Ohio, to Thomas and Marion McGraw.
She is survived by her children: sons Pat Osterhoff, Phil DuFour, and Tim DuFour, and daughter Mari Elliot; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her daughter Dianne Farmer.
A funeral service was scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday, March 1, at Mt. Scott Funeral Home, 4205 S.E. 59th Ave., Portland, OR 97206, with interment at Willamette National Cemetery.
Joann Wols, of Spokane, Wash., passed away Feb. 25, 2013. Joann was born May 31, 1943, in Caldwell, Idaho, to Gynith and Wint Roberts.
A celebration of life will be held Saturday, March 2, at 2 p.m. at the home of her sister, 2650 Blossom Hill Drive, Hood River.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge