Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Clara ‘Marie’ Stifel
Clara “Marie” Stifel, formerly of Hood River, passed away Feb. 22, 2013, in Hillsboro, Ore.
She was born Feb. 28, 1926, in New Boston, Ohio, to Thomas and Marion McGraw.
She is survived by her children: sons Pat Osterhoff, Phil DuFour, and Tim DuFour, and daughter Mari Elliot; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her daughter Dianne Farmer.
A funeral service was scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday, March 1, at Mt. Scott Funeral Home, 4205 S.E. 59th Ave., Portland, OR 97206, with interment at Willamette National Cemetery.
Joann Wols, of Spokane, Wash., passed away Feb. 25, 2013. Joann was born May 31, 1943, in Caldwell, Idaho, to Gynith and Wint Roberts.
A celebration of life will be held Saturday, March 2, at 2 p.m. at the home of her sister, 2650 Blossom Hill Drive, Hood River.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge