Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Clara ‘Marie’ Stifel
Clara “Marie” Stifel, formerly of Hood River, passed away Feb. 22, 2013, in Hillsboro, Ore.
She was born Feb. 28, 1926, in New Boston, Ohio, to Thomas and Marion McGraw.
She is survived by her children: sons Pat Osterhoff, Phil DuFour, and Tim DuFour, and daughter Mari Elliot; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her daughter Dianne Farmer.
A funeral service was scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday, March 1, at Mt. Scott Funeral Home, 4205 S.E. 59th Ave., Portland, OR 97206, with interment at Willamette National Cemetery.
Joann Wols, of Spokane, Wash., passed away Feb. 25, 2013. Joann was born May 31, 1943, in Caldwell, Idaho, to Gynith and Wint Roberts.
A celebration of life will be held Saturday, March 2, at 2 p.m. at the home of her sister, 2650 Blossom Hill Drive, Hood River.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge