Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Clara ‘Marie’ Stifel
Clara “Marie” Stifel, formerly of Hood River, passed away Feb. 22, 2013, in Hillsboro, Ore.
She was born Feb. 28, 1926, in New Boston, Ohio, to Thomas and Marion McGraw.
She is survived by her children: sons Pat Osterhoff, Phil DuFour, and Tim DuFour, and daughter Mari Elliot; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her daughter Dianne Farmer.
A funeral service was scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday, March 1, at Mt. Scott Funeral Home, 4205 S.E. 59th Ave., Portland, OR 97206, with interment at Willamette National Cemetery.
Joann Wols, of Spokane, Wash., passed away Feb. 25, 2013. Joann was born May 31, 1943, in Caldwell, Idaho, to Gynith and Wint Roberts.
A celebration of life will be held Saturday, March 2, at 2 p.m. at the home of her sister, 2650 Blossom Hill Drive, Hood River.
A full obituary will appear in a future edition of the News.
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge