Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Rachel Ann Devlin and Graham Gilbert Hay, both of Portland, were married Nov. 17, 2012, at St. John Fisher Catholic Church in Portland. The couple honeymooned in Hawaii and will continue to make their home in Portland.
The bride is the daughter of Mike and Sherri Devlin, of Portland. She is a 2007 graduate of Jesuit High School in Portland and graduated from Oregon State University in 2010 and Portland State University in 2011. She works as a first-grade teacher in Hillsboro.
The groom is the son of Kevin and Mary Ann Hay, of Hood River. He is a 2004 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and graduated from Oregon State University in 2009.
He works as a senior tax accountant and CPA at ESCO Corporation in Portland.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge