Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Rachel Ann Devlin and Graham Gilbert Hay, both of Portland, were married Nov. 17, 2012, at St. John Fisher Catholic Church in Portland. The couple honeymooned in Hawaii and will continue to make their home in Portland.
The bride is the daughter of Mike and Sherri Devlin, of Portland. She is a 2007 graduate of Jesuit High School in Portland and graduated from Oregon State University in 2010 and Portland State University in 2011. She works as a first-grade teacher in Hillsboro.
The groom is the son of Kevin and Mary Ann Hay, of Hood River. He is a 2004 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and graduated from Oregon State University in 2009.
He works as a senior tax accountant and CPA at ESCO Corporation in Portland.
More like this story
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
- ‘Reimagine Education’ community forum happens May 26
- Entertainment update
- Letters to the editor
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge