Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hawks Ridge Assisted Living Community on the Heights hosts a health fair Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., on the second floor. The fair is open to the community.
Hawks Ridge is located at Eighth and Pacific streets, just east of Rosauers.
The event starts with an 8:30 a.m. continental breakfast, courtesy of Pine Street Bakery and Hood River Coffee Co.
Here is the list of presenters and topics scheduled for the fair:
n 9 a.m. — “Low-Impact Chiropractic,” with Marla St. John, DAC, of Hood River Chiropractic
n 10 a.m. — “Denture Health for your health,” with Hood River Dental
n 11 a.m. — “Acupressure for pain and stress relief,” Janice Lee, LAC with Cascade Acupuncture
n Noon — Lunch hosted by New York City Sub Shop
n 1 p.m. — “Nutrition & Seniors,” with Maureen Sprague, licensed dietician from Providence
n 2:30 p.m. — “Range of Motion, with Joleen Wampler, licensed massage therapist
n 3 p.m. — “Fall Prevention,” with Clint Harris, physical therapist with Tim Foley PT
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge