Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hawks Ridge Assisted Living Community on the Heights hosts a health fair Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., on the second floor. The fair is open to the community.
Hawks Ridge is located at Eighth and Pacific streets, just east of Rosauers.
The event starts with an 8:30 a.m. continental breakfast, courtesy of Pine Street Bakery and Hood River Coffee Co.
Here is the list of presenters and topics scheduled for the fair:
n 9 a.m. — “Low-Impact Chiropractic,” with Marla St. John, DAC, of Hood River Chiropractic
n 10 a.m. — “Denture Health for your health,” with Hood River Dental
n 11 a.m. — “Acupressure for pain and stress relief,” Janice Lee, LAC with Cascade Acupuncture
n Noon — Lunch hosted by New York City Sub Shop
n 1 p.m. — “Nutrition & Seniors,” with Maureen Sprague, licensed dietician from Providence
n 2:30 p.m. — “Range of Motion, with Joleen Wampler, licensed massage therapist
n 3 p.m. — “Fall Prevention,” with Clint Harris, physical therapist with Tim Foley PT
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill