Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Youth Heart of Hospice (YoHOHs) and Heart of Hospice volunteers decorated heart-shaped cookies for their YoHOH Valentine’s Day outing delivering to hospice patients in the Hood River area.
The group sang songs and engaged patients in a conversation and embrace. A student who recently relocated to the area had this perspective:
“I really loved my experience with patients, to exchange a smile, hold a hand, to be warmly welcomed into the lives of patients, perhaps unfamiliar when we arrive, old friends by the time we leave.
“I’m thankful to have had this opportunity. I can’t wait for our St. Patrick’s Day outing.”
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge