Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Youth Heart of Hospice (YoHOHs) and Heart of Hospice volunteers decorated heart-shaped cookies for their YoHOH Valentine’s Day outing delivering to hospice patients in the Hood River area.
The group sang songs and engaged patients in a conversation and embrace. A student who recently relocated to the area had this perspective:
“I really loved my experience with patients, to exchange a smile, hold a hand, to be warmly welcomed into the lives of patients, perhaps unfamiliar when we arrive, old friends by the time we leave.
“I’m thankful to have had this opportunity. I can’t wait for our St. Patrick’s Day outing.”
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events