Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River Valley Leos Club will collect cans and bottles on March 2 to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge.
From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Leos accept all redeemable bottles and cans at the southwest parking lot entrance at Rosauers. The funds will support three Leos’ bowling teams at Bowl for Kids’ Sake 2013, BBBS’ largest annual fundraiser presented by NW Natural and The Dalles Disposal/Hood River Garbage Service on, March 9, at Orchard Lanes.
“We love Big Brothers Big Sisters,” said Claire Rawson, Leos president. “Bowl for Kids’ Sake is a really fun way to support local kids who could really benefit from a little extra guidance.” Hood River Leos also support Big Brothers Big Sisters throughout the summer with the proceeds from concessions sales at Movies in the Park.
Currently, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge has 74 boys and girls matched with caring, carefully screened, and trained volunteer mentors — but there are more than 30 children waiting for a Big of their own.
For more information about BBBS and Bowl for Kids’ Sake, contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.nextdoor
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge