Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River Valley Leos Club will collect cans and bottles on March 2 to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge.
From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Leos accept all redeemable bottles and cans at the southwest parking lot entrance at Rosauers. The funds will support three Leos’ bowling teams at Bowl for Kids’ Sake 2013, BBBS’ largest annual fundraiser presented by NW Natural and The Dalles Disposal/Hood River Garbage Service on, March 9, at Orchard Lanes.
“We love Big Brothers Big Sisters,” said Claire Rawson, Leos president. “Bowl for Kids’ Sake is a really fun way to support local kids who could really benefit from a little extra guidance.” Hood River Leos also support Big Brothers Big Sisters throughout the summer with the proceeds from concessions sales at Movies in the Park.
Currently, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge has 74 boys and girls matched with caring, carefully screened, and trained volunteer mentors — but there are more than 30 children waiting for a Big of their own.
For more information about BBBS and Bowl for Kids’ Sake, contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or email@example.com, or visit www.nextdoor
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’ Sunday
- Fun, or learning, or both: A week full of local events and activities