Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River Valley Leos Club will collect cans and bottles on March 2 to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge.
From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Leos accept all redeemable bottles and cans at the southwest parking lot entrance at Rosauers. The funds will support three Leos’ bowling teams at Bowl for Kids’ Sake 2013, BBBS’ largest annual fundraiser presented by NW Natural and The Dalles Disposal/Hood River Garbage Service on, March 9, at Orchard Lanes.
“We love Big Brothers Big Sisters,” said Claire Rawson, Leos president. “Bowl for Kids’ Sake is a really fun way to support local kids who could really benefit from a little extra guidance.” Hood River Leos also support Big Brothers Big Sisters throughout the summer with the proceeds from concessions sales at Movies in the Park.
Currently, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Columbia Gorge has 74 boys and girls matched with caring, carefully screened, and trained volunteer mentors — but there are more than 30 children waiting for a Big of their own.
For more information about BBBS and Bowl for Kids’ Sake, contact Kristin Reese at 541-436-0305 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.nextdoor
More like this story
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
- What happened to sea lion ‘Ray?’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge