Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Don’t miss the unveiling of the mural “Harvesting Our Stories” in Mid Valley Elementary’s cafeteria lobby Feb. 28 at 5:15 p.m. The mural honors Odell’s fruit industry and those who work in it. This is an “Arts Build Communities” project, made possible through the Oregon Arts Commission and Oregon taxpayers.
The Pine Grove-Odell United Methodist Church will hold its annual Potato Dinner at the Odell Church in the fellowship hall March 16 beginning at 5 p.m. Baked potatoes with all the trimmings, salad and ice cream will be served. Adults are $6, seniors $5, children $3, and those under age 3 are free. All proceeds will be donated to FISH.
The Blossom Craft Show will be held April 20-21 and vendor spaces are still available. Applications can be found at www.hoodriver-fair.org/events.
The show will feature many different vendors, plants from the Odell Garden Club and a nursery, as well as the annual quilt show in the floral building.
Wy’east Middle School is looking for volunteers for several afternoon clubs offered at the school. “These clubs include art, cooking, girls club, math, woodshop, SPROUTS, guitar, band, yearbook and homework club,” says Vice Principal Patricia Cooper. “There are some very committed kids who love staying after school until 4:30 Monday through Thursday.”
To volunteer, email Cooper at email@example.com or call the office at 541-354-1548.
Cooper also says that middle school students from Hood River’s Sister City, Tsuruta, Japan, will be coming March 15-23 and host families are needed. The students will attend school for two days and have other scheduled activities with their delegation the rest of the trip.
For more information, call Scott Murahashi at 541-806-0781 or email Cooper at the above address.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge