Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Don’t miss the unveiling of the mural “Harvesting Our Stories” in Mid Valley Elementary’s cafeteria lobby Feb. 28 at 5:15 p.m. The mural honors Odell’s fruit industry and those who work in it. This is an “Arts Build Communities” project, made possible through the Oregon Arts Commission and Oregon taxpayers.
The Pine Grove-Odell United Methodist Church will hold its annual Potato Dinner at the Odell Church in the fellowship hall March 16 beginning at 5 p.m. Baked potatoes with all the trimmings, salad and ice cream will be served. Adults are $6, seniors $5, children $3, and those under age 3 are free. All proceeds will be donated to FISH.
The Blossom Craft Show will be held April 20-21 and vendor spaces are still available. Applications can be found at www.hoodriver-fair.org/events.
The show will feature many different vendors, plants from the Odell Garden Club and a nursery, as well as the annual quilt show in the floral building.
Wy’east Middle School is looking for volunteers for several afternoon clubs offered at the school. “These clubs include art, cooking, girls club, math, woodshop, SPROUTS, guitar, band, yearbook and homework club,” says Vice Principal Patricia Cooper. “There are some very committed kids who love staying after school until 4:30 Monday through Thursday.”
To volunteer, email Cooper at email@example.com or call the office at 541-354-1548.
Cooper also says that middle school students from Hood River’s Sister City, Tsuruta, Japan, will be coming March 15-23 and host families are needed. The students will attend school for two days and have other scheduled activities with their delegation the rest of the trip.
For more information, call Scott Murahashi at 541-806-0781 or email Cooper at the above address.
More like this story
- Three people, and a dog, survive capsizing in Columbia near Wyeth
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge