Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Community members are invited to join in the study and exploration of a new, challenging and provocative book: “Occupy the Bible: What Jesus Really Said (and did) about Money and Power.”
The series will take place in Hood River at Riverside Community Church on Sunday mornings from 9-10:15 a.m., beginning March 3.
The book, written by Rev. Dr. Susan Thistlethwaite, provides an eye-opening exploration of many of the foundational Christian scriptures. It also serves as a how-to guide for those who seek to follow in the ways of Jesus in times of growing poverty and economic inequality.
For more information contact Rev. Vicky Stifter at 541-386-1412.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge