Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Community members are invited to join in the study and exploration of a new, challenging and provocative book: “Occupy the Bible: What Jesus Really Said (and did) about Money and Power.”
The series will take place in Hood River at Riverside Community Church on Sunday mornings from 9-10:15 a.m., beginning March 3.
The book, written by Rev. Dr. Susan Thistlethwaite, provides an eye-opening exploration of many of the foundational Christian scriptures. It also serves as a how-to guide for those who seek to follow in the ways of Jesus in times of growing poverty and economic inequality.
For more information contact Rev. Vicky Stifter at 541-386-1412.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge