Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Community members are invited to join in the study and exploration of a new, challenging and provocative book: “Occupy the Bible: What Jesus Really Said (and did) about Money and Power.”
The series will take place in Hood River at Riverside Community Church on Sunday mornings from 9-10:15 a.m., beginning March 3.
The book, written by Rev. Dr. Susan Thistlethwaite, provides an eye-opening exploration of many of the foundational Christian scriptures. It also serves as a how-to guide for those who seek to follow in the ways of Jesus in times of growing poverty and economic inequality.
For more information contact Rev. Vicky Stifter at 541-386-1412.
More like this story
- Fire near Eagle Creek flares back up
- Service announcements for July 22:
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge