Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River robotics teams won three slots for state at OMSI’s First Tech Challenge qualifying tournament. The Feb. 24 event started with five qualifying rounds placing Hood River teams first, second, sixth and eighth.
After three rounds The Men Who Stare at Programs and Black Hawks defeated Magnum for first place.
The highest award of the day is the Inspire award which went to Magnum.
All three teams will advance to state. Oregon state finals will be held March 3 at South Meadows Middle School in Hillsboro.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge