Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River robotics teams won three slots for state at OMSI’s First Tech Challenge qualifying tournament. The Feb. 24 event started with five qualifying rounds placing Hood River teams first, second, sixth and eighth.
After three rounds The Men Who Stare at Programs and Black Hawks defeated Magnum for first place.
The highest award of the day is the Inspire award which went to Magnum.
All three teams will advance to state. Oregon state finals will be held March 3 at South Meadows Middle School in Hillsboro.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge