Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River robotics teams won three slots for state at OMSI’s First Tech Challenge qualifying tournament. The Feb. 24 event started with five qualifying rounds placing Hood River teams first, second, sixth and eighth.
After three rounds The Men Who Stare at Programs and Black Hawks defeated Magnum for first place.
The highest award of the day is the Inspire award which went to Magnum.
All three teams will advance to state. Oregon state finals will be held March 3 at South Meadows Middle School in Hillsboro.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge