Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River robotics teams won three slots for state at OMSI’s First Tech Challenge qualifying tournament. The Feb. 24 event started with five qualifying rounds placing Hood River teams first, second, sixth and eighth.
After three rounds The Men Who Stare at Programs and Black Hawks defeated Magnum for first place.
The highest award of the day is the Inspire award which went to Magnum.
All three teams will advance to state. Oregon state finals will be held March 3 at South Meadows Middle School in Hillsboro.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge