Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River robotics teams won three slots for state at OMSI’s First Tech Challenge qualifying tournament. The Feb. 24 event started with five qualifying rounds placing Hood River teams first, second, sixth and eighth.
After three rounds The Men Who Stare at Programs and Black Hawks defeated Magnum for first place.
The highest award of the day is the Inspire award which went to Magnum.
All three teams will advance to state. Oregon state finals will be held March 3 at South Meadows Middle School in Hillsboro.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge