Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River Rotary has announced May 18-19 as the dates for its annual fundraiser, the Columbia Gorge Wine & Pear Fest.
This two-day event will feature the many award-winning wineries and vineyards in the Columbia Gorge AVA, including two days of wine tasting, artists from around the Pacific Northwest and fruit pairings from the Pear Bureau Northwest.
The event will also feature food from the best restaurants in the region and area musicians.
The Wine & Pear Fest will be held at the Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum in Hood River.
Proceeds will benefit Hood River Rotary’s scholarship program for local graduating high school students.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge