Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Hood River Rotary has announced May 18-19 as the dates for its annual fundraiser, the Columbia Gorge Wine & Pear Fest.
This two-day event will feature the many award-winning wineries and vineyards in the Columbia Gorge AVA, including two days of wine tasting, artists from around the Pacific Northwest and fruit pairings from the Pear Bureau Northwest.
The event will also feature food from the best restaurants in the region and area musicians.
The Wine & Pear Fest will be held at the Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum in Hood River.
Proceeds will benefit Hood River Rotary’s scholarship program for local graduating high school students.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge