Tuesday, February 26, 2013
The Hood River County Clerk’s Office announces two key filing deadlines in March.
n The filing deadline for filing personal property returns is March 1, to avoid a late-filing penalty.
Any business in the state of Oregon is required to file a personal property return with the county assessor’s office.
If you have any questions contact the assessor’s office at 541-386-4522.
n March 21 is the filing deadline for the May 21, 2013, special district election.
May 21 Election Timeline
March 21 — Filing deadline
April 6 — Military/out-of-country ballots mailed
April 22 — Out-of-state ballots mailed
April 30 — Voter registration deadline
May 3 — Ballots mailed
May 21— Election day
June 10 — Certification
Any candidate interested in filing for board positions can visit the Hood River County Elections website for filing forms or visit the office to pick up a form.
The clerk’s office is located in the County Administration Building, Sixth and State streets.
Among the special district open positions, there are four up for election (out of seven) on the Hood River County School District Board.
The Port of Hood River will have three seats open and the Port of Cascade Locks will have two.
In addition, the Hood River County Transportation District will have four of its seven seats up for the vote, and on the Hood River Library District, three of the five seats.
Also on the ballot are positions on the boards of Columbia Gorge Community College and Mt. Hood Community College (serving the Cascade Locks area) and the Rural Education Service District No. 9; Hood River County Parks and Recreation District, and rural fire, water and sanitation districts in Hood River County.
For more information contact the County Election Office at 541-386-1442.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge