Tuesday, February 26, 2013
The Hood River County Clerk’s Office announces two key filing deadlines in March.
n The filing deadline for filing personal property returns is March 1, to avoid a late-filing penalty.
Any business in the state of Oregon is required to file a personal property return with the county assessor’s office.
If you have any questions contact the assessor’s office at 541-386-4522.
n March 21 is the filing deadline for the May 21, 2013, special district election.
May 21 Election Timeline
March 21 — Filing deadline
April 6 — Military/out-of-country ballots mailed
April 22 — Out-of-state ballots mailed
April 30 — Voter registration deadline
May 3 — Ballots mailed
May 21— Election day
June 10 — Certification
Any candidate interested in filing for board positions can visit the Hood River County Elections website for filing forms or visit the office to pick up a form.
The clerk’s office is located in the County Administration Building, Sixth and State streets.
Among the special district open positions, there are four up for election (out of seven) on the Hood River County School District Board.
The Port of Hood River will have three seats open and the Port of Cascade Locks will have two.
In addition, the Hood River County Transportation District will have four of its seven seats up for the vote, and on the Hood River Library District, three of the five seats.
Also on the ballot are positions on the boards of Columbia Gorge Community College and Mt. Hood Community College (serving the Cascade Locks area) and the Rural Education Service District No. 9; Hood River County Parks and Recreation District, and rural fire, water and sanitation districts in Hood River County.
For more information contact the County Election Office at 541-386-1442.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016