Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Wheat, Kopecky earn all-league honors
Hood River Valley High School seniors Ryan Wheat and Luke Kopecky earned all-league honors for their roles on the Eagles’ varsity boys basketball team. Wheat, a forward, led the team in scoring all season and was named a first team player. Kopecky, also a forward, was named to the second team.
The HRVHS boys team had a rocky season that ended with a 4-17 overall record and an 0-9 league record.
Little League tryouts March 2,4
Hood River Little League is hosting tryouts at Westside School on March 2, 9 a.m., and March 5 at 5:30 p.m. in the school’s cafeteria. Players should bring tennis shoes (no cleats) and a mitt. This is a closed-door tryout where parents can stay but will not be allowed to watch. For questions, contact league organizers at email@example.com.
Little League seeks public involvement
Hood River Little League Township is seeking public involvement and participation in the upcoming youth baseball seasons. League organizational meetings are open to the public and are held the third Wednesday of every month, 5:30 p.m. at the West Side Fire Station. For more information or to inquire about how to help the league, contact organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HR water polo gearing up
Hood River Water Polo will be starting its spring season March 5 at the Hood River Aquatic Center. The junior squad for ages 10-13 will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m., and the senior squad for ages 14-18 will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-8 p.m. The spring session will run through the end of May. New members are welcome. For more information, contact email@example.com or Dave Cameron at 541-806-3335.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge