Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Top-ranked Horizon Christian School forced 27 turnovers en route to a 67-34 boys basketball win Friday against McLoughlin at the Heppner Tournament.
The Hawks (9-0) received 22 points, 13 rebounds from Matt Totaro and 21 points, seven rebounds from Mason Bloomster. Ryan Aldrich added seven rebounds and had six of Horizon’s season-high 16 steals. Horizon led 14-13 five minutes before halftime, but outscored McLoughlin 15-4 to close the second quarter, and maintained at least a 12-point lead the rest of the game.
The Horizon girls lost their opening game at Heppner, 37-19 to McLoughlin.
Next Horizon game is Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. against Columbia Christian. Varsity girls play at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda