Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Top-ranked Horizon Christian School forced 27 turnovers en route to a 67-34 boys basketball win Friday against McLoughlin at the Heppner Tournament.
The Hawks (9-0) received 22 points, 13 rebounds from Matt Totaro and 21 points, seven rebounds from Mason Bloomster. Ryan Aldrich added seven rebounds and had six of Horizon’s season-high 16 steals. Horizon led 14-13 five minutes before halftime, but outscored McLoughlin 15-4 to close the second quarter, and maintained at least a 12-point lead the rest of the game.
The Horizon girls lost their opening game at Heppner, 37-19 to McLoughlin.
Next Horizon game is Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. against Columbia Christian. Varsity girls play at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Death notices for Nov. 28
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge