Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Top-ranked Horizon Christian School forced 27 turnovers en route to a 67-34 boys basketball win Friday against McLoughlin at the Heppner Tournament.
The Hawks (9-0) received 22 points, 13 rebounds from Matt Totaro and 21 points, seven rebounds from Mason Bloomster. Ryan Aldrich added seven rebounds and had six of Horizon’s season-high 16 steals. Horizon led 14-13 five minutes before halftime, but outscored McLoughlin 15-4 to close the second quarter, and maintained at least a 12-point lead the rest of the game.
The Horizon girls lost their opening game at Heppner, 37-19 to McLoughlin.
Next Horizon game is Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. against Columbia Christian. Varsity girls play at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill