Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Top-ranked Horizon Christian School forced 27 turnovers en route to a 67-34 boys basketball win Friday against McLoughlin at the Heppner Tournament.
The Hawks (9-0) received 22 points, 13 rebounds from Matt Totaro and 21 points, seven rebounds from Mason Bloomster. Ryan Aldrich added seven rebounds and had six of Horizon’s season-high 16 steals. Horizon led 14-13 five minutes before halftime, but outscored McLoughlin 15-4 to close the second quarter, and maintained at least a 12-point lead the rest of the game.
The Horizon girls lost their opening game at Heppner, 37-19 to McLoughlin.
Next Horizon game is Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. against Columbia Christian. Varsity girls play at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge