Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Top-ranked Horizon Christian School forced 27 turnovers en route to a 67-34 boys basketball win Friday against McLoughlin at the Heppner Tournament.
The Hawks (9-0) received 22 points, 13 rebounds from Matt Totaro and 21 points, seven rebounds from Mason Bloomster. Ryan Aldrich added seven rebounds and had six of Horizon’s season-high 16 steals. Horizon led 14-13 five minutes before halftime, but outscored McLoughlin 15-4 to close the second quarter, and maintained at least a 12-point lead the rest of the game.
The Horizon girls lost their opening game at Heppner, 37-19 to McLoughlin.
Next Horizon game is Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. against Columbia Christian. Varsity girls play at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge