Wednesday, January 2, 2013
By BAILEY MCMANUS
“All you need is yoga,” says Root Down Yoga studio owner, Angela Logan.
Root Down Yoga is a new yoga studio located in Mall 202 on Cascade. It opened in late November 2012.
Logan is a longtime yoga instructor. She and her husband, James, had been living in both Mexico and China until a year ago when they came back to Hood River. In China, Angela studied yoga, and she incorporates Chinese philosophies and merchandise sales into her business.
Root Down Yoga has five instructors: Angela Logan, Jen Obst, Chelsea Moss, Victoria Williams and Emma Rose-Rossoff.
Root Down’s goal is to incorporate the ways of yoga into everyone’s lives.
“Yoga can transform the body and the mind. It is very simple and pure,” Logan said.
She feels that practicing yoga is essential for everyone and especially people in the Columbia Gorge. More extreme sports are practiced in this area and “yoga can help you stay grounded”, Said Logan. As well as offering yoga, Root Down also sells artwork, clothing, yoga mats and other items, all imported from China.
Root Down Yoga is making yoga very affordable by providing free mat rentals, deals on weekly and monthly classes, and unlimited use packages.
“Yoga is a beautiful, transformational activity. It brings happiness, clarity and a deep physical and emotional cleansing,” Logan said.
The instructors at Root Down Yoga are creating an open, welcoming atmosphere to help patrons relax and enjoy themselves. They offer complimentary tea and fruit along with a smile every time you come in.
“One class can help you breathe and relax. Multiple classes can change your life,” she said.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge