Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Hood River Soil & Water Conservation District board holds its annual meeting Jan 3 at 3 p.m. (winter schedule) at OSU Extension Service, 2990 Experiment Station Road, Hood River.
The oath of office will be administered to newly elected directors and election of officers (chair, vice chair, secretary-treasurer) will be held.
Also on the agenda is an update on the WWRI Upper West Fork (USFS) grant application, and reports from agency representatives and stakeholders.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge