Friday, January 4, 2013
Columbia Gorge Community College is sponsoring a free Financial Aid Day in conjunction with College Goal Oregon, at The Dalles and Hood River campuses on Jan. 5.
Anyone can receive free help filling out the FAFSA form for college. Students under age 24 should bring a parent or the following parent information: Social Security number, date of birth and 2011 federal tax information (1040s, etc.) for estimation purposes. (The 2013-14 FAFSA is based off of 2012 tax information and can be updated once taxes are filed.)
Staff will be on hand from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. in Room 3.103 in the Health Sciences Building at The Dalles Campus, or in the Library Commons at the Hood River-Indian Creek Campus. There is no charge for this assistance.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge