Friday, January 4, 2013
Baby it’s cold outside! Hood River Warming Shelter needs volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, come to the next training/orientation Tuesday, Jan. 8, 6:30 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 616 State St.
Also needed are donations to purchase warm, wool-blend socks. If you can, send a check to: Hood River Warming Shelter, P.O. Box 656, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge