Friday, January 4, 2013
Baby it’s cold outside! Hood River Warming Shelter needs volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, come to the next training/orientation Tuesday, Jan. 8, 6:30 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 616 State St.
Also needed are donations to purchase warm, wool-blend socks. If you can, send a check to: Hood River Warming Shelter, P.O. Box 656, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge