Friday, January 4, 2013
Baby it’s cold outside! Hood River Warming Shelter needs volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, come to the next training/orientation Tuesday, Jan. 8, 6:30 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 616 State St.
Also needed are donations to purchase warm, wool-blend socks. If you can, send a check to: Hood River Warming Shelter, P.O. Box 656, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge