Friday, January 4, 2013
Baby it’s cold outside! Hood River Warming Shelter needs volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, come to the next training/orientation Tuesday, Jan. 8, 6:30 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 616 State St.
Also needed are donations to purchase warm, wool-blend socks. If you can, send a check to: Hood River Warming Shelter, P.O. Box 656, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge