Friday, January 4, 2013
Hood River Valley varsity wrestling faced eight teams in two days at last weekend’s Northwest Duals in Beaverton. The Eagles went 4-4 overall, with wins against Lakeridge, Snohomish, South Salem and Tualatin and losses against McNary, Bend, Dallas and Glencoe.
Leading the way for the Eagles and continuing undefeated streaks from the prior weekend’s dual tournament in Lebanon were Nick Morgan and Ramon Ramirez. The 195-lb. Morgan is now 22-3 for the season and holds the Oregon 5A No.2 Rockwell ranking. Wrestling at both 220 and 285 lbs., Ramirez is now 12-2 in varsity action.
Also holding a top three 5A state ranking as of late December is Juan Karlos Hernandez, who went 5-1 in the tournament and is now 17-5 at 220 lbs.
The Eagles have a break in action until Jan. 11, when they travel to Pendleton for the first league meet of the season. They then host Hermiston Jan. 16, 7:30 p.m., after novice and junior varsity action.
Northwest Duals: Box scores
HRVHS 63 — Lakeridge (6A) 6
HRVHS 24 — McNary (6A) 40
HRVHS 29 — Bend (5A) 40
HRVHS 32 — Dallas (5A) 36
HRVHS 51 — Snohomish 27
HRVHS 32 — Glencoe (6A) 52
HRVHS 54 — South Salem (6A) 20
HRVHS 39 —Tualatin (6A) 38
Jessica DeHart, 106 lbs: 6-2
Jorge Ortega, 126 lbs: 5-3
Texx Spezia Schwiff, 132 lbs: 5-3
Charlie Mallon, 138 lbs: 3-5
Chas Peterson, 145 lbs: 4-1
Cesar Zarate, 151 lbs: 5-3
Kyle Weseman, 160 lbs: 3-5
Steven Swafford, 170 lbs: 2-6
Alex Buschauer, 182 lbs: 1-5
Nick Morgan, 195 lbs: 8-0
Juan Karlos Hernandez, 220 lbs: 5-1
Ramon Ramirez, 220 and 285 lbs: 7-0
Jeremy Breedlove, 285 lbs: 3-0
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge