Friday, January 4, 2013
Hood River County Library presents an afternoon with Brian Doyle, Sunday, Jan. 27, from 2- 4 p.m. in the Jeanne Marie Gaulke Meeting Room downstairs at the Hood River County Library.
Join the Friends of the Hood River County Library District to hear Doyle, author of “Mink River,” read and discuss his work.
This event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
For more information contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535 or info@hoodriver
library.org, or visit http://hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge