Friday, January 4, 2013
As the calendar turns to 2013, it’s out with the old and in with the new for local governments.
The new faces will start popping up at meetings and around town next week.
On Monday Hood River County will swear in its first new sheriff in two decades when Matt English takes over for Joe Wampler.
The following week will see the addition of new city council members in Hood River and Cascade Locks.
Mark Zanmiller will join the council in Hood River while Glenda Groves and Bruce Fitzpatrick will join the Cascade Locks City Council.
Tom Cramblett will also be sworn in as the new mayor of the city, replacing Lance Masters.
That will leave the council with one position to fill, as Cramblett will be vacating his council seat to fill the mayor’s role.
Both the Cascade Locks and Hood River city councils meet Jan. 14.
The new year will also see new faces in administrative positions in Cascade Locks.
The city has hired Gordon Zimmerman to be its city administrator. Zimmerman will replace interim administrator Paul Koch.
The city has been without a permanent administrator since Bernard Seeger departed in January 2011.
Koch will not have to go far for his next gig. As he transitions out of the city administrator role for the city he will be transitioning over to the interim general manager position for the Port of Cascade Locks.
Former General Manager Chuck Daughtry resigned Dec. 31 after 12 years on the job.
More like this story
- Three people, and a dog, survive capsizing in Columbia near Wyeth
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge