Friday, January 4, 2013
Open house for veterans
The Mt. Adams Institute is hosting an open house for veterans and community members who are interested in supporting veterans as they transition back to civilian life.
The Institute has developed VetsWork, a program to help veterans gain skills to prepare them for a career in natural resources. The program needs people who are interested in serving as mentors, being on the board, weighing in on program design or supporting the program in other ways.
Those interested are invited to an open house Jan. 8 at the White Salmon Library, 77 Wauna Ave., from 7-8 p.m., or Jan. 10 from noon to 1 p.m. at the Hood River Port office’s boardroom, at 1000 E. Port Marina Drive. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
To learn more or to RSVP visit www.mtadamsinst-itute.com or contact Amanda Lawrence at email@example.com.
Free weight loss workshop
Learn why diets don’t work and how your metabolism works at a free workshop presented by Carola Stepper, LAc and owner of Cascade Acupuncture Center. “Five Secrets to Permanent Weight Loss” will be held Monday, Jan. 28, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Bamboo Room at Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St. in Hood River.
Class size is limited; call 541-387-4325 to register. For more information about Cascade Acupuncture Center visit www.cascade-acupuncture.org.
Free Speed Fitness Boot Camps
Melika will offer free Speed Fitness Boot Camps during January, each Monday at 9-9:30 a.m.
Fitness professional Erin Ford will lead the free 30-minute sessions at Melika, 316 Oak St. in Hood River. Bring extra layers in case the class moves outside.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge