Friday, January 4, 2013
Open house for veterans
The Mt. Adams Institute is hosting an open house for veterans and community members who are interested in supporting veterans as they transition back to civilian life.
The Institute has developed VetsWork, a program to help veterans gain skills to prepare them for a career in natural resources. The program needs people who are interested in serving as mentors, being on the board, weighing in on program design or supporting the program in other ways.
Those interested are invited to an open house Jan. 8 at the White Salmon Library, 77 Wauna Ave., from 7-8 p.m., or Jan. 10 from noon to 1 p.m. at the Hood River Port office’s boardroom, at 1000 E. Port Marina Drive. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
To learn more or to RSVP visit www.mtadamsinst-itute.com or contact Amanda Lawrence at email@example.com.
Free weight loss workshop
Learn why diets don’t work and how your metabolism works at a free workshop presented by Carola Stepper, LAc and owner of Cascade Acupuncture Center. “Five Secrets to Permanent Weight Loss” will be held Monday, Jan. 28, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Bamboo Room at Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St. in Hood River.
Class size is limited; call 541-387-4325 to register. For more information about Cascade Acupuncture Center visit www.cascade-acupuncture.org.
Free Speed Fitness Boot Camps
Melika will offer free Speed Fitness Boot Camps during January, each Monday at 9-9:30 a.m.
Fitness professional Erin Ford will lead the free 30-minute sessions at Melika, 316 Oak St. in Hood River. Bring extra layers in case the class moves outside.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge