Friday, January 4, 2013
Hood River Police are investigating a Dec. 18 assault on a woman near downtown.
Detective Don Cheli said a man described only as approximately 30 and 6 feet tall attacked a 20-year-old woman on Sherman Street sometime around 1:15 a.m.
The woman was taken to the hospital and spent two days there after the attack, but has little memory of the location or her attacker, according to Cheli.
The woman and her boyfriend left a downtown bar to walk home, and took separate routes for reasons that are unknown, Cheli said.
When she did not arrive home two hours later, the boyfriend went to look for her and found her at a Cascade Street business with bruises on her face. The woman’s lips were both swollen and she said she had been beaten but she had memory of the attack.
Currently there are no suspects in the investigation, according to Cheli.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events