Friday, January 4, 2013
Hood River Police are investigating a Dec. 18 assault on a woman near downtown.
Detective Don Cheli said a man described only as approximately 30 and 6 feet tall attacked a 20-year-old woman on Sherman Street sometime around 1:15 a.m.
The woman was taken to the hospital and spent two days there after the attack, but has little memory of the location or her attacker, according to Cheli.
The woman and her boyfriend left a downtown bar to walk home, and took separate routes for reasons that are unknown, Cheli said.
When she did not arrive home two hours later, the boyfriend went to look for her and found her at a Cascade Street business with bruises on her face. The woman’s lips were both swollen and she said she had been beaten but she had memory of the attack.
Currently there are no suspects in the investigation, according to Cheli.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda