Friday, January 4, 2013
Hood River Police are investigating a Dec. 18 assault on a woman near downtown.
Detective Don Cheli said a man described only as approximately 30 and 6 feet tall attacked a 20-year-old woman on Sherman Street sometime around 1:15 a.m.
The woman was taken to the hospital and spent two days there after the attack, but has little memory of the location or her attacker, according to Cheli.
The woman and her boyfriend left a downtown bar to walk home, and took separate routes for reasons that are unknown, Cheli said.
When she did not arrive home two hours later, the boyfriend went to look for her and found her at a Cascade Street business with bruises on her face. The woman’s lips were both swollen and she said she had been beaten but she had memory of the attack.
Currently there are no suspects in the investigation, according to Cheli.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge