Friday, January 4, 2013
All calls were responded to within the County of Hood River Dec. 24-31.
Assaults, harassment, menacing and domestic violence:
Dec. 30 — S.W. WaNaPa Street, Cascade Locks — Deputies took a report of an assault.
Driving under the influence of intoxicants:
Dec. 29 — Belmont Drive at Indian Creek Road — Male arrested for DUII alcohol following a traffic stop. BAC registered .16 percent. He was also cited for failure to maintain lane with a written warning for violation of the basic rule. He was lodged at NORCOR.
Motor vehicle crashes, offenses and impounds:
Dec. 24 — Highway 282 at milepost 3 — Vehicle towed because of no operator’s license and no insurance.
Dec. 26 — Tucker Road, 1100 block — Officer investigated a two-vehicle, non-injury crash involving a passenger vehicle and an ODOT snow plow. The passenger vehicle was towed from the scene.
Outstanding warrants, parole, probation or terms violations:
Dec. 26 — Post Canyon Drive — Male arrested for restraining order violation and transported to the Hood River Police Department.
Theft or burglary:
Dec. 26 — Panorama Point — Officer took report of theft and damage to a vending machine. Estimated repairs/replacement cost is $200. Estimated amount of change/monies taken is $91.60.
Dec. 27 — Westcliff Drive,— Officer took possession of a found handgun at a local hotel. owner was contacted.
Dec. 20 — Early Road, 3400 block — Officer placed a mental hold on a male subject.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge