Friday, January 4, 2013
All calls were responded to within the County of Hood River Dec. 24-31.
Assaults, harassment, menacing and domestic violence:
Dec. 30 — S.W. WaNaPa Street, Cascade Locks — Deputies took a report of an assault.
Driving under the influence of intoxicants:
Dec. 29 — Belmont Drive at Indian Creek Road — Male arrested for DUII alcohol following a traffic stop. BAC registered .16 percent. He was also cited for failure to maintain lane with a written warning for violation of the basic rule. He was lodged at NORCOR.
Motor vehicle crashes, offenses and impounds:
Dec. 24 — Highway 282 at milepost 3 — Vehicle towed because of no operator’s license and no insurance.
Dec. 26 — Tucker Road, 1100 block — Officer investigated a two-vehicle, non-injury crash involving a passenger vehicle and an ODOT snow plow. The passenger vehicle was towed from the scene.
Outstanding warrants, parole, probation or terms violations:
Dec. 26 — Post Canyon Drive — Male arrested for restraining order violation and transported to the Hood River Police Department.
Theft or burglary:
Dec. 26 — Panorama Point — Officer took report of theft and damage to a vending machine. Estimated repairs/replacement cost is $200. Estimated amount of change/monies taken is $91.60.
Dec. 27 — Westcliff Drive,— Officer took possession of a found handgun at a local hotel. owner was contacted.
Dec. 20 — Early Road, 3400 block — Officer placed a mental hold on a male subject.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge