Friday, January 4, 2013
HRVHS alum Amy Hay raises the bar
Amy Hay, a 2009 Hood River Valley High School graduate, qualified for and competed in the recent American Open Weightlifting Championships held in Palm Springs, Calif. Hay competed in the 69 kg (152 lb.) weight class category and placed 13th in the nation overall at the meet.
Her personal bests of 79 kg (173.8 lbs.) on Snatch and 98 kg (215.6 lbs.) on Clean and Jerk put her seventh in the nation for her weight class. Hay trains at Oregon State University under coaches Chris Roth, Tim Rabas and Roger Nielsen. Her next competition will take place in March at the Arnold Classic, followed by nationals in July.
Tumbleweed Tournament: Men’s basketball March 8-10
Organizers are gearing up for the annual Tumbleweed men’s basketball tournament, set this year for March 8-10. The event is a fundraiser for Condon/Wheeler High School basketball programs and organizers are hoping to register 20 teams. Registration is $300 per team.
For more information or to sign up, contact Jared Lathrop at firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Colby at email@example.com or call 541-384-2581.
Free snowshoe demos Jan. 12 at White River
On Jan. 12 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., REI is again hosting Winter Trails, a free snowshoe demo event at White River West Sno-Park on Mount Hood. The event is an opportunity for people to try the activity of snowshoeing and demo gear offered by various vendors. For more information visit www.wintertrails.org.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge