Friday, January 4, 2013
U.S. Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., will hold his first town hall meeting of 2013 in The Dalles Monday.
The one-hour forum begins at 10:30 a.m. at Columbia Gorge Community College in the lecture hall on the third floor of Building Two.
Walden, a Hood River resident, will discuss his efforts to grow our economy and balance the budget.
He is also seeking input from citizens within the Second Congressional District for his “to do” list in Washington, D.C.
The Wasco County town hall kicks off a five-day swing with town hall meetings in eight counties in the Gorge and northeastern Oregon.
Last year, Walden held town halls at least once in all 20 counties of his district.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge