Friday, January 4, 2013
U.S. Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., will hold his first town hall meeting of 2013 in The Dalles Monday.
The one-hour forum begins at 10:30 a.m. at Columbia Gorge Community College in the lecture hall on the third floor of Building Two.
Walden, a Hood River resident, will discuss his efforts to grow our economy and balance the budget.
He is also seeking input from citizens within the Second Congressional District for his “to do” list in Washington, D.C.
The Wasco County town hall kicks off a five-day swing with town hall meetings in eight counties in the Gorge and northeastern Oregon.
Last year, Walden held town halls at least once in all 20 counties of his district.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge