Friday, January 4, 2013
U.S. Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., will hold his first town hall meeting of 2013 in The Dalles Monday.
The one-hour forum begins at 10:30 a.m. at Columbia Gorge Community College in the lecture hall on the third floor of Building Two.
Walden, a Hood River resident, will discuss his efforts to grow our economy and balance the budget.
He is also seeking input from citizens within the Second Congressional District for his “to do” list in Washington, D.C.
The Wasco County town hall kicks off a five-day swing with town hall meetings in eight counties in the Gorge and northeastern Oregon.
Last year, Walden held town halls at least once in all 20 counties of his district.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge