Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Oregon Retired Educators Association, Unit 20, representing Hood River, Wasco and Sherman counties, has selected Jacob Johnson as its scholarship recipient for this year.
Johnson, whose family resides in Hood River, is a senior majoring in social studies education at Corban University in Salem.
Kyle Donahue, of Parkdale, graduated cum laude in May 2012 from Tufts University with a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering.
He is the son of Tim and Jenni Donahue.
More than 3,000 students graduated from Tufts University on May 20, during the university-wide commencement ceremony with author and former Navy SEAL Eric Greitens as the speaker.
Riley Jackson of Hood River was named to the June 2012 Honor Roll at Brooks School in North Andover.
Located 30 miles north of Boston, Brooks is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge