Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Oregon Retired Educators Association, Unit 20, representing Hood River, Wasco and Sherman counties, has selected Jacob Johnson as its scholarship recipient for this year.
Johnson, whose family resides in Hood River, is a senior majoring in social studies education at Corban University in Salem.
Kyle Donahue, of Parkdale, graduated cum laude in May 2012 from Tufts University with a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering.
He is the son of Tim and Jenni Donahue.
More than 3,000 students graduated from Tufts University on May 20, during the university-wide commencement ceremony with author and former Navy SEAL Eric Greitens as the speaker.
Riley Jackson of Hood River was named to the June 2012 Honor Roll at Brooks School in North Andover.
Located 30 miles north of Boston, Brooks is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge