Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Oregon Retired Educators Association, Unit 20, representing Hood River, Wasco and Sherman counties, has selected Jacob Johnson as its scholarship recipient for this year.
Johnson, whose family resides in Hood River, is a senior majoring in social studies education at Corban University in Salem.
Kyle Donahue, of Parkdale, graduated cum laude in May 2012 from Tufts University with a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering.
He is the son of Tim and Jenni Donahue.
More than 3,000 students graduated from Tufts University on May 20, during the university-wide commencement ceremony with author and former Navy SEAL Eric Greitens as the speaker.
Riley Jackson of Hood River was named to the June 2012 Honor Roll at Brooks School in North Andover.
Located 30 miles north of Boston, Brooks is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control