Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Oregon Retired Educators Association, Unit 20, representing Hood River, Wasco and Sherman counties, has selected Jacob Johnson as its scholarship recipient for this year.
Johnson, whose family resides in Hood River, is a senior majoring in social studies education at Corban University in Salem.
Kyle Donahue, of Parkdale, graduated cum laude in May 2012 from Tufts University with a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering.
He is the son of Tim and Jenni Donahue.
More than 3,000 students graduated from Tufts University on May 20, during the university-wide commencement ceremony with author and former Navy SEAL Eric Greitens as the speaker.
Riley Jackson of Hood River was named to the June 2012 Honor Roll at Brooks School in North Andover.
Located 30 miles north of Boston, Brooks is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge