Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Oregon Retired Educators Association, Unit 20, representing Hood River, Wasco and Sherman counties, has selected Jacob Johnson as its scholarship recipient for this year.
Johnson, whose family resides in Hood River, is a senior majoring in social studies education at Corban University in Salem.
Kyle Donahue, of Parkdale, graduated cum laude in May 2012 from Tufts University with a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering.
He is the son of Tim and Jenni Donahue.
More than 3,000 students graduated from Tufts University on May 20, during the university-wide commencement ceremony with author and former Navy SEAL Eric Greitens as the speaker.
Riley Jackson of Hood River was named to the June 2012 Honor Roll at Brooks School in North Andover.
Located 30 miles north of Boston, Brooks is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge