Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Cooper Spur Ski Area is adding Wednesday evenings to its schedule this season for only $10. The ski area typically operates Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, but is adding a 3-8 p.m. Wednesday shift to its operating schedule.
The Wednesday evening special is open to everyone, but Cooper Spur officials hope it will draw families in the Gorge to take advantage of the nearby terrain and excellent snowpack.
The ski area is open Fridays from noon to 6 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., plus MLK and Presidents Day.
For more information call the Cooper Spur snow phone at 541-352-7803 or visit www.cooperspur.com.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge