Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Cooper Spur Ski Area is adding Wednesday evenings to its schedule this season for only $10. The ski area typically operates Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, but is adding a 3-8 p.m. Wednesday shift to its operating schedule.
The Wednesday evening special is open to everyone, but Cooper Spur officials hope it will draw families in the Gorge to take advantage of the nearby terrain and excellent snowpack.
The ski area is open Fridays from noon to 6 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., plus MLK and Presidents Day.
For more information call the Cooper Spur snow phone at 541-352-7803 or visit www.cooperspur.com.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge