Tuesday, January 8, 2013
THE DALLES — The TV show “Dancing with the Stars” is coming to the Mid Columbia area — almost.
Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association presents the Utah Ballroom Dance Company in “Dancing with the Gorge Stars” at 7 p.m. Thursday, at The Dalles Wahtonka High School.
Twenty professional dancers will perform standard and Latin ballroom numbers. The dance company, as a unique Mid-Columbia feature, will bring on stage, in front of three local judges, six people from the company to dance with their teachers and counterpart professional dancers.
Hood River realtor Gavin McAlpine is joined by local dancers Wasco County Sheriff Rick Eisland, The Dalles City Attorney Gene Parker, law firm bookkeeper Kristi McCavic, Gateway Presbyterian Church secretary Tina Skeele and Director of Mid-Columbia Health Foundation Celeste Hill-Thomas.
Concert attendees get one voting ticket at the door but may stuff their favorite’s ballot boxes by buying more “votes” to insure they win the Mirror Ball Trophy.
This interactive production is the third concert of the current MCCCA five-concert season. Individual concert tickets, $20 each, are available at Waucoma Bookstore, Klindt’s Booksellers and Columbia River Music. Tickets are also available at www.MidColumbiaConcerts.org.
The Utah Dance Company will present “Cinemagic” Friday at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River, 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for students.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge