Tuesday, January 8, 2013
THE DALLES — The TV show “Dancing with the Stars” is coming to the Mid Columbia area — almost.
Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association presents the Utah Ballroom Dance Company in “Dancing with the Gorge Stars” at 7 p.m. Thursday, at The Dalles Wahtonka High School.
Twenty professional dancers will perform standard and Latin ballroom numbers. The dance company, as a unique Mid-Columbia feature, will bring on stage, in front of three local judges, six people from the company to dance with their teachers and counterpart professional dancers.
Hood River realtor Gavin McAlpine is joined by local dancers Wasco County Sheriff Rick Eisland, The Dalles City Attorney Gene Parker, law firm bookkeeper Kristi McCavic, Gateway Presbyterian Church secretary Tina Skeele and Director of Mid-Columbia Health Foundation Celeste Hill-Thomas.
Concert attendees get one voting ticket at the door but may stuff their favorite’s ballot boxes by buying more “votes” to insure they win the Mirror Ball Trophy.
This interactive production is the third concert of the current MCCCA five-concert season. Individual concert tickets, $20 each, are available at Waucoma Bookstore, Klindt’s Booksellers and Columbia River Music. Tickets are also available at www.MidColumbiaConcerts.org.
The Utah Dance Company will present “Cinemagic” Friday at Columbia Center for the Arts in Hood River, 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for students.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill