Tuesday, January 8, 2013
BINGEN — Solstice Wood Fire Café is hosting “Guest-Chef Mondays” for the months of January and February.
Gorge chefs will prepare tasty meals in the Gorge’s only 750-degree wood-fire oven. Things get started Jan. 14 with chef Nathan Morgan (Columbia Gorge Cochon) followed by Viento winemaker Rich Cushman Jan. 21, then a dinner with chef Shane Eagan of Four and Twenty Blackbirds.
Each chef will create a special menu, in addition to the café’s regular seasonal offerings.
Dinners are from 5-8:30 p.m.; reservations accepted, at 509-493-4006.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge